- England – Bath Christmas Market The magical and award-winning Bath Christmas Market is back and it’s bigger and better than ever! There are over 200 twinkling chalets spread out across the picturesque Georgian streets of Bath selling handmade and local Christmas gifts.
Soak up the sights, smells and festive ambience of Bath at Christmas and enjoy more than a market. There’s a packed calendar of family friendly events, top restaurants, beautiful architecture and the UK’s only natural thermal day spa, Thermae Bath Spa. There’s plenty for children to do – why not come and do some colouring in at Eggnogg’s chalet (only paper not the liquid sort!)
Chalet Number: 42 Abbey Green 23 November – 10 December
- Belgium – AntwerpTake in the light show at the Grote Markt which is fun for kids of all ages. There’s also the requisite ice skating rink that has special performances throughout the market season. In past years special sculptures and performances are also scheduled throughout the festivities.
- Austria – ViennaAt the Vienna Christmas market they’ve got a whole playground next to the Christkindl Markt and activities on the ground floor of the town hall. At the Karlsplatz Market there are loads of straw bales that kids can jump in and build forts with. Who knew just a little hay could go such a long way to make memories?
- Czech Republic – PragueUnlike some European cities with dozens of Christmas markets, Prague has just four. The Old Square Christmas market is the largest and oldest with things like pony rides for children. The three others have a mixture of food stalls and shopping as well as various displays and activities. If you’re trying to decide where to go to a market and your money is a little tight, Prague will be less expensive than most other Euopean cities.
- France – StrasbourgWith one of the oldest markets in Europe this one is sure to have something for everyone. While the markets may be contained Christmas is everywhere. There are ten diffeent markets in each square of the city. Place St. Thomas has hands -on activities for kids. At Place de la Cathedale is another great market to stop by with kids for the trains, santas, gingerbread and carousels.